March 31, 2016 in Priazovskiy State Technical University an opening ceremony of PSTU Material Engineering Service-Office and Materials Information Technology Laboratory will take place.
Among the invited guests – Mayor of Mariupol V. Boychenko, leaders of large industrial enterprises, small and medium-sized businesses, MMATENG + participants and other interested persons.
At the beginning of 2016 year, under the conditions of the project, Dept. of Metal Science and Heat Treatment of Metals was equipped with the latest research equipment in the amount of 30 000 Euros: metallographic microscope for microstructure of metals and alloys researches, 2 modern micro hardness testers, 11 stationary high-performance computers; 2 laptops and more. European Union provided PSTU with software CAD / CAM / CAE, indispensable to perform design works (3D design) and «CES EduPack» – to select materials with given properties, based on the operating conditions.
Honored guests took part at the Opening Ceremony:
First Deputy of Mayor of Mariupol Alexander Goltvenko, representative of the UN Development Program in Ukraine Aleksanr Osovets, Executive Director of the Fund of Mariupol Development Tatiana Lomakina, Head of Investment Projects of PJSC “Ilyich” Galina Sheichenko, Head of the mechanical tests and corrosion studies Dept. of PJSC “Azovstal Iron & Steel Works “Vasiliy Yartsev, Chief of the laboratory of the engineering enterprise “Magma” Marina Zvonareva, Director of Teaching and Research Institute of metallurgy and welding Prof. Vyacheslav Royanov, Deans of faculties, Heads of departments, students and other interested persons. Guests observed new capacities and interesting approaches in the use of materials and the latest focus on the methods of their researches.
MESO PSTU will be included in the International Entrepreneur and Education Electronic Network for the purpose of giving marketing research services; transfer of knowledge, competencies; harmonization of scientific and methodological approaches and techniques in the field of materials science according to European standards, as well as improving the level of professional and practical training of students.
Key focus area of MESO PSTU:
- creation and implementation of innovation, research and educational programs in engineering materials science based on modern achievements of science, engineering and technology;
- cooperation with partner enterprises: performance of supporting basis scientific work, projects, consulting services with research objectives;
- systematic training of scientific, engineering and technical staff of enterprises, teachers of schools, high schools, colleges, universities est.;
- disseminate and receive information on the latest developments in the field of new materials and innovative technologies, training techniques and programs
- via international network;
- involvement of interested organizations and sponsors;
- development of new mechanisms to involve students in scientific research;
- intensification of the international mobility of students, teachers, engineers and technical staff in the materials science field.
Creating of Material Engineering Service-Office «MESO» and Materials Information Technology Labs (MITL) open huge possibility for students to gain upscale profession, improve the efficiency and quality of scientific research, competitiveness in the field of science and education, as well as speed up the mutual recognition by European countries BA and Ma diplomas on Materials Science. These activities support Ukrainian science and higher education be closer to European standards.